Jumat, 27 Juni 2008

The Power of Youth

Masa mudamu tak akan abadi…
Sengat panasnya, kan pasti berlalu..

My old friend sang that verse of a religious song (which was quite famous during our high school years) a couple days ago, just before he got married. It all seems like reminding me that by each day passed, I growing old. 8 years ago, that was my high school years, and now, I am already working, trying to barge my way to an endless rat race of making a living. I am now 24 years old.
The sun is almost set when I write this, another day gone by.
The song above, translated into English means, “Your youth won’t be forever, and the burning heat will eventually fade away…”
And well, though often claim that I still has it, the passion wasn’t as back then. Few weeks ago, on my way to Bandung, I happened to take the train and while I waited for the designated one, I decided to take a look around. And there it was, an edition devoted to cover several (13, to be exact) young architects under 40 who, judging by their appearance in a magazine, they ought to be the best among the rest. And so I bought the magazine, and read it on my way to Bandung.
It was a good magazine, I would say brilliant, that there is a publication willing to give a warm attention toward the youngsters, but somehow I felt like I am being left all alone. The train has left. The train where the next generation of youngsters, the future masters in has moved toward the future, the direction where we will all go. But in a blinding speed, and I am walking.
Suddenly I feel young again. I feel the passion inside of me, wanting to achieve something bigger, better, something that is larger than life. It was then, that I realize while the fire on the tip of the candle still holds, there is still time. There is still time, I kept reminding myself. Soon the time will up…
Few weeks later, after another monotonous week of work, another friend sent a short message, “I felt like I didn’t exist. Let’s work on something great. Let’s challenge the world.”
So true, what he said. We’re young, we’re restless, we’re hungry for success (I AM hungry for fame!), and so, let’s take the challenge head on. The world it is, the world it is, the one we will conquer.
“Old golfers lose. That is not absolute, but a common thing bound to happen” (Paul Arden)

1 komentar:

A. Radityo Adhi mengatakan...

i smell grilled meat..
ough.. looks like somebody got burned here.
hahahahaha

old man say : calm down man! the dutch is still far away.

yes, they still far.
actually they will never get close because they run to another direction*..
hahaha
stupid indon!

lets chase after the dutch!!

*i realize this after get burned by bart lootsma's superdutch